Thursday, October 23, 2008

7th book..

Yes,the book’s out folks! And quite surprisingly,I was so blur of the outer world+internet that I managed to keep away from spoilers, meaning I had a jolly good 4 days reading with the utmost content and surprise! Lol, my biggest apologies to those who had to find out who died before reading the actual book. Internet sucks that way, but yeah, that’s the price you pay for the electronic age.
I shall be writing my review of the 7th book here,so NOTE:SPOILERS.
The book was crap.
Well that’s what I think. I could barely stifle my yawns all through the pages, and I have to admit that it was actually putdownable, unlike books like Nick Hornby or King, where you can’t stop and everything else comes second, eating, bathroom, stuff like that. There were a few heartbeat moments, like the kiss and the bringing back mom and dad from the dead and all that, (plus the extra gripping wars) but put aside, I had myself a book with nothing but messages and a hopeful effort by J.K. Rowling.
Personally, I felt Rowling had all her younger readers in mind; which explains the beautifully planned ending(which I think was the worst part of the book) and the love-conquers-all message. I was a little disappointed, because I really hoped she would remember that most of her true fans are about my age by now, what with her first book coming out like 8 years ago. I expected a more realistic ending, and I certainly expected more of Rowling.
But hey, she has her fans, young or old. And it’s still a bestselling book, no matter what I say, so.lol

No comments: